Monday, February 26, 2007

Squeals, Giggles and the Shock of a Lifetime

Something fantastic has just happend. You know those moments in life where something completely catches you off guard in the most wonderful way and all you can possibly do is utter a small but excited squeal? Almost a gasp. Your heart begins to pound against your chest and your eyes are huge. It's something you've always known would happen...it was just a matter of when.

Friday, I got the call. About 1:30pm, I answered with my usual, "Good afternoon, The Willows, Cyndy speaking", only to hear my little brother on the other end, rather than the expected golf member or possible client inquiring about room rentals or facility details. What the heck? Why was he calling me at work...from Ontario?? All at once, he started laughing and asked, "So, uh, I was wondering how you'd feel about adding another sister to the family..." What? WHATTT??? Are you kidding me??

Yup. That's right. Jon and Karen are freakin' engaged!!!

This is huge. First of all, he's my little brother...and secondly, he's a weiner!!! Karen is incredible. I love her to bits and have considered her my sister for years already - she has litterally been a part of our family for about 7 years. She's come on family vacations with us, slept over and been a part of Christmas morning and been there for each and every holiday. Good times, Kar!

These guys started dating somewhere around grade 10, I think. Nuts. I remember when they were both in grade 9 (I was in grade 12) and I remember Kar bobbing all around the school with her short little curly fro - so cute. I remember when Jon had a forever crush on this little girl....and now here we are. You have no idea how stolked I am about this. I have always said that when they get engaged, it's gonna be huge. Well, it is. I'm blowing my mind here.

Guys, just wanted to send out a few whoop, whoops and let you know that I am so, so excited for you two and what's ahead. God has blessed you both for years and I can only imagine how great the future will be. I also just wanted to tell you how much I value you both as friends in my life - we have so much fun! You are a true example of how I think a relationship should be done. I admire you both a lot. Keep going. Jon, this is fantastic - you stud...and Kar, I can hardly believe that we really and truly are gonna be sisters!! My giddyness continues...*

5 comments:

Bonnie said...

JONNY B---you sly dawg you!!! :)
Very, very exciting news! Please send them a HUGE congrats from me. I was actually just wondering, not too long ago, when they would finally get engaged. I guess that answers my question :)
And congrats to you Cyndy on another great sister :)

Cheri said...

That is sooo awesome Cyndy!!! I'm going to have to give your sister heck as she called today and didn't even tell me this wonderful news!!!! Have they set a date yet? Wish them congrats from me, Rick T's OLDER sister. Take care and I'm super happy for your family!!

Janelle said...

well, Mel failed to fill me in as well!! so thanks CYN!!! i can imagine how excited you are! your family is now complete with siblings - and they are all super nice & GORGEOUS to boot!!
tell them a big congrats from me!!

Trev and Rebekah said...

I was wondering when that was going to happen as my brother-in-law if friends of your bro. and he was wondering. When is the big day?

BookCafe said...

Congrats to JonnyB and family! :o)

<>< Jenn