Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Carrying Me Through For One More Week


  • The whole Bartel gang together again - always tops anything and everything.
  • Stepping off the plane in Orlando and actually being able to breathe normally and keep my eyes open for more than 5 seconds straight... ahhhhh... the sunshine, a warm breeze and green grass will be welcomed with opened arms.
  • The way they've absolutely perfected the manicured lawns and shrubbery in Disney. Hmmmm... on that note, the smell of fresh cut grass... every day.
  • Pirates of the Caribbean
  • The goooooooodddd fooooooooooddd!!!
  • Watching Mikayla's face when she spots Snow White or Cinderella - the real deal - for the first time in The Magic Kingdom.... talk about magic. Just another thing we have in common.
  • My Dad in all his craziness and insanity while on vacation.
  • Fireworks and light shows above the castle - I'm not gonna lie to you, I've always had this thing for Cinderella's castle and don't think that just because I'm 26, going on 27, that this has even remotely changed.
  • Flip flops.
  • The Rainforest Cafe.
  • Waking up in the morning to bright sunny weather and the promise of another sweet day.
  • Good company.
  • Laughing with my brothers again...and again...and again...
  • Snapping some sweet shots with my Nikon and feeling fundamentally satisfied with the results.
  • "Everybody got your card????" (to be said all high-pitched and nasally) Okay, maybe not so much.
  • Salt water taffy.
  • No cell phones. No emailing. No busyness. No work. Just hanging out together and letting it all go.
  • Main Street in the Magic Kingdom - love it, love it, love it.
  • Witnessing Kar's attempt to get as many autographs as humanly possible from all of the Disney characters in sight...whatever the cost.
  • The villa, which we have yet to see, but we know it will be well, well worth the wait.
  • "i-MA-gi-NA-tion" sung by Figmint, of course.
  • The many, many countries of Epcot. I always like France the best.
  • Lounging by the pool with Josh in his new swimmin' trunks.
  • Downtown Disney at night.
  • Being able to share this passion I have for Disney with Warren - he's gonna lose his mind.
Let the Good Times Roll!!*

5 comments:

Trev and Rebekah said...

How many times have you been to Disney? I've been there twice. Reading your list brought back memories. Oh how I loved Cinderella when I was 4.

Michelle said...

WOW!! Sounds "magical"!! We're hoping to take our girls to Disneyland this fall! I bet it was a blast with your little "munchkins!"

Bonnie said...

Do I ever wish I could come!!!! Sounds magical indeed :) I hope you are able to relax and enjoy every single second of it. You deserve it Cyndy! Have a BLAST!!

Mel said...

"Hey guys, let's hit the beach!" (Only you, Cyn, understand this joke and the mental image that goes along with it)

jupo said...

fun fun FUN! i've been to disneyworld and disneyland and i would so LOVE to go back!!