Tuesday, October 18, 2005

The Glow

I think I'm glowing. No...I'm positive that I'm glowing. In fact, I really don't think this smile has left my face since the weekend. If I said it was because the sun is shining and the air is a nice, crisp cool, I'd be only partly right. Aw, who am I kidding, it's because I'm just a girl in love. The truth is, my fiance - Warren Toews - has finally, finally come home! Phew. What a long stretch of long-distnace that was!

Okay, okay, let me give you the lowdown before I carry on any more. See, Warren's currently in his last year of the Optometry program at U of W and was gone on his resdency/externship - in Birmingham, Alabama (of all places!) and then he did a shorter stretch in Saskatoon, SK. Aside from a weekend here or there (I think there were 3 times we saw each other in that span), we've been apart for nearly 6 months now - for most of our engagement! Eeek! So you can only imagine how stoked I am to have my man back and be able to spend the remaining 2 months of our engagement together!!! WOW.

So whatever, this past weekend was heaven. We did lots. Friday, he got here later than expected - clinic ran late - and so we just vegged and had a Corner Gas marathon (yup, you read that correctly - Corner Gas is a Warren fav. I think it's a Saskatchewan thing...I don't know) Saturday morning, Lisa Quick from Due South Photography came over to my parents' house to take our engagement pics - it's so pretty in the bush, with all of the fall leaves and stuff. Warren was surprisingly cooperative. Hmmmm... Then, we headed for Windsor and had a BLAST. Just a Warren and Cyn kind of day. We went to the mall for a bit....test drove a car (Warren's idea, of course!)......went out for supper to BP's......and then went to a movie - Elizabethtown - which we both really kinda liked. Sunday morning was church. Then it was off to Matt & Genelle's for lunch. We made pita pizzas, which were quite tasty. It was great catching up with those two. We have fun together. So yeah, what a weekend. Lots of laughing. Lots of good talks. Lots of just loving being back together. I'm happier than a fat kid in a bakery!

4 comments:

Janelle said...

glad you've joined us Cyn!! Can't wait to see what the next few months hold for you! i love ya!

patti said...

hey cyndy...wow i never would have guessed i would hear from you...how cool! congrats on your engagement..you'll have to post some pictures of the 2 of you.
matt and i were apart our whole engagement...not fun. i'm glad you're back together now.
keep in touch!

karina said...

moving to saskatoon? that's awesome :) we look forward to seeing you then!

Heather Peters said...

Cyn,
It was so good to see you for a bit in Stoon. I'm so excited that you're moving to this great city. We have to do coffee once you get all settled in.