Wednesday, October 19, 2005

A Closer Look

So, I thought I might post a few pics on my space here, because if you're anything like me, you appreciate the visual aspect of most things and agree with the phrase "A picture is worth 1000 words". Here's a look into my little corner of the world...

First thing's first - there he is, in all his glory. Warren, my fiance. Yup, he's cool, he's stylin' and he's got what it takes to make your heart melt. But anyway, in this picture, he's sitting at one of our favorite spots down by the river in Saskatoon (university side). We've shared many good talks and made many memories down there.

We're a pretty easy going couple - it doesn't take much for us to have a good time, which is a good thing because when you're students, the money doesn't exactly flow like milk and honey! One of our favorite things to do is to go for long walks and just talk, laugh and be goofy. We love Saskatoon! What a great city!

Okee-dokee, now it's time to introduce you to the rest of the Bartel clan. Kay, this is my little brother, Jon (21) and his longtime girlfriend, Karen (21). They are one of my all-time favorite couples! They're so nutty and fun. They've literally been dating for almost 6 years now! It's only because they are true high school sweethearts - since like grade 10 or something?! Kar is like my second sister. We've done a long road trip together, vactationed in Florida together and ate many Christmas dinners together. Good times. Jon is an Audio Engineer - went to OIART (Ontario Institute of Audio Recording Technology) and is now an intern there. He's super artistic and an amazing musician. That guy's got stuff! And Kar is at the U of W taking all kinds of sciences - biochem is her baby. Anyway, I think she eventually wants to become a teacher. She'll be great at whatever she does. She's a real go-getter.

And... this is one of my favorite pictures of all time. It's my other brother, Steve (22) and his longtime girlfiend Vicki (21) on the beach. The reason I enjoy it so much is because it totally captivates who these two are. Vick is a nutcase! Seriously, she's so crazy and spunky. Steve is a bit more quiet and serious but still goofy, very goal-oriented. Together, they are such a great couple. I think they've been together for just over two years now. Steve is finishing his last year in Mechanical Engineering at the University of Windsor and Vick is in the Communications program at the same university. They are the living proof that opposites attract! I can't wait to see what the future holds for these two.

This is my big sister and best friend, Mel (27) and her beautiful little girl Mikayla Jade (almost 2) (also known as MJ to our family). These 2 pics are kinda old now, but I think they're pretty great. Just look at those blue eyes!! MJ was born on November 11, 2003, offically making me Auntie Cyndy for the first time. She's a very special girl to me. She brings so much life and laughter to the clan. And what a little stinker...she's got opinions, that girl! LOVE her!

So anyways, that's not all....there's more where that came from, but I'll save that for another day. Hopefully this gives you somewhat of a start to understanding who I am, where I come from and the people who surround me. What a life!

No comments: