Thursday, November 10, 2005

Thoughts of a VERY Soon-To-Be Bride...

Busy, busy, busy. My life is just humming right now. Ah, wedding plans. There's a steady flow of to do's on my daily agenda and I love it. But last night, I had a bit of a breakdown because it felt like everybody was tugging at me in every direction. What's a bride to do? Warren, in all of his sensibility and practicality, slowly directed me back to reality and made me realize that everything will work out. It always does. He was right. I needed to chill out. Relax. Breathe. And most of all, enjoy this time of planning, giddyness and pampering. I am. I really am. I know I'll miss these hectic times when it's all said and done. To be honest, I think last night was one of the first times I've felt frazzled at all during these past 8 or so months of planning, which is a blessing.

I'm loving the idea part. It's neat to be able to take every little idea or thought and combine it into one big event, one that celebrates and symbolizes Warren and I. It's been a real opportunity to get creative and personal with all the little details. That's what I love...the details. Our wedding is going to be so pretty, so detailed and personal. Everything from the invitations, to the decorating, the wedding favors, the music, and even the wedding bands!

I'm really missing my big sister these days. Mel's my maitron of honor. Now with my wedding coming up so quickly and all of these plans and details to cover, I ache for her to be here with me to share in it all. She makes everything better. I can't wait to have her home to get all giddy and girlie with me. These are times to remember.

This week Mom and I met with our florist, which was really exciting. I had my shower on Tuesday evening at the church - that was wonderful. Omigosh, did we ever get stuff!! And beautiful stuff too - I can hardly wait to set up our place now. Kinda overwhelming at how blessed we are by the support and generosity of so many people. Tomorrow I have my 2nd dress fitting, which is always magical - can't wait to try it on again. Things are really coming together and picking up speed. 37 days and counting!! All good stuff. But most of all, I just can't wait to be with Warren again this weekend! I kinda miss him.

3 comments:

patti said...

Oh Cyndy! All the best as this last month counts down.

Janelle said...

i can't believe it's coming soooo soon!!! i wish i could be there babe. you are going to be beautiful!

andrew + camille said...

you're so cute!!!!