Thursday, November 03, 2005

Girlfriends

There's nothing better than throwing on your pj's, pulling your hair up into a messy bun, slipping off your socks and on your slippers and gabbing with your girlfriends for the evening. Are ya with me? There's something very wonderful about the bond between girlfriends...it's something that we just plain can't share with anyone else - our guys, our family, our pets. It's a comfort thing.

I feel this with Genelle and Lish - call me cheesy, call me lame - but these two are my kindred spirits, much like Anne and Diana in Anne of Green Gables. C'mon ladies, you know you know what I'm talking about. We've been the three muskateers for as long as I can remember.

Genelle is the spunky one. She's so animated and full of life - she lights up the room. She has these eyes that are so big and brown and captivating - they sparkle and dance when she talks. Genelle has a heart of gold and is very alert and aware of details - she's always ready for a good time, and in the same way, is always ready to drop what she's doing to listen and quietly be a listening ear or the voice of reason. She's an elementry school teacher and is extremely brilliant and great at what she does.

Lish is adventurous. She's a nurse and very much like her profession, she's extremely warm hearted and nurturing towards others. When there's a risk to be taken, she's all over it. When there's an advenure to be had, she's there. Lish is very smart and independent and excels at most everything she does. She's a really good conversationalist and is the go-to girl when there's a problem or a situation to solve. But mostly, I love her heart. It's big and it's there and its' always open.

The three of us have gone through all of life's big and small milestones together. By milestones I mean junior high, summer camp, high school, crushes, parties, driver's training, jobs, moving away from home, moving back home, boyfriends, fiancees, and weddings. The list is endless. We have the kind of friendship where we are all so inependent, living our own lives, yet whenever we get the chance to get together, we always pick up right where we left off. There's that familiarity and home feeling. I love that!

Today I was thinking about them both and it made me feel giddy and girly and altogether grateful for our strong, forever friendship.

No comments: