Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Ramblings of a Relaxed Bride


Wedding plans are in full swing, as you can imagine and things are coming up quickly. As of today, 52 days and counting!!! This is a very good thing!

I've been thrilled by the RSVP's we've been getting back in the mail each day - actually, that's been a big highlight for me each day.

There is much to do - mostly the nitty-gritty details left, which is fun for me. I have genuinely enjoyed the wedding planning process. I haven't really felt stressed or frustrated much at all. I'm definitely not one of those bridezillas you read about it the magazines... It's been a really fun and rewarding experience. Maybe that's because I'm a creative thinker to begin with, so it was like letting a kid loose in a candy store. There are endless posibilities!

But mostly, my mind's been filled with thoughts of what it will be like to actually be married. The wedding is one thing - very fun, romantic, exciting, beautiful, etc. - but in all honesty, it's only a day. Being back together with Warren has really brought that into perspective for me and made me realize how much I anticipate living together and sharing a life together as husband and wife. It goes so much deeper than the wedding. I feel so loved and so blessed to have this amazing gift of love, of Warren in my life. He's everything to me and I guess I just know that this is something pretty sacred, pretty real.

3 comments:

Janelle said...

it's crazy when you begin realizing that it's going to be reality very soon! exciting, but yet unbelievable. i love that you & Howie are together! one of my favorite couples for sure! i love you both very much & i pray for sanity & patience & fun as you continue your planning.

Cyndy said...

Thanks Janelle! Warren & I love you and Rod too. Once we're FINALLY back in Saskatoon (spring/summer 2006), we'll have to make a point of hanging out with you guys lots. Can't wait!

Cordella said...

Hi Cyndy,

I came across your blog and I was sooooo excited to read up on your current happenings!!!! CONGRATULATIONS on your upcoming marriage, I know that you will make a beautiful bride! :)