Thursday, November 30, 2006

Grocceries

Time to get grocceries. Ah, the groccery store. It almost feels like a creative expedition to me - coming up with new recipes and concoctions as I shuffle up and down the isles. I always start with a list, which I generally complete, but let's be honest, there are always a few fun and unexpected add ons - some to satisfy my ever present sweet tooth (obviously), and though he would never admit to it, Warren too, delights in finding treats in the pantry every now and then.

And so, the list (or at least the list I'm going in with):

broccoli crowns (probably 3-4)
asparagus
Christmas oranges
lettuce
baby potatoes
peppers (red, green)
spinach dip
soft taco wraps
deli meat (1/2 lb. black forrest ham, shaved)
chicken breasts
frozen corn
stir fry veggies
milk
eggnog (obviously)
cran/rasp juice
egg noodles
cous cous
sour cream
pasta sauce - Classico tomato & basil
liquid chicken broth
parmesean cheese
cereal - probably Captian Crunch
chips (x2)
Tostitos rounds
pop (Diet Coke)
Christmas chocolates (maybe Turtles...oooohhh)
vanilla ice cream
apple sauce

Whew! It's gonna be a biggie. Here's to good food and good times.*

4 comments:

Jon Bartel said...

i'm excited about the ice cream, the veggies, and the christmas oranges. the christmas oranges especially, as i recently purchased a box myself.

how long till we see each other?

jon

Cyndy said...

Omigosh!!!!! Sooooo SOON!!! I'm contemplating starting a countdown chain in our house until the big day - one might call it a homeward bound chain.

C

Trev and Rebekah said...

Trev and I like to sit down with all our cookbooks and then see what we have in our freezers and cupboards. From there we make a list of meals we can make. We love grocery shopping together. It's kinda a fun date.

Cheri said...

Hey Cyndy: Nice list!!! Mine seems much longer than yours! Or it used to be. I used to go on the first Tuesday of the month to Sobey's cause they have 10% Tuesday where you get 10% off your groceries if your bill is over $25-and who's wouldn't be??? and I would get everything for a month and go from there. Of course I had to go back every week or other week for fresh veggies and fruit and the odd thing I needed but with two kids along, it wasn't as fun of a trip as before kids!! Take care anyway, and happy shopping!!!