Thursday, December 07, 2006

The Magic

We've been crazy busy this last stretch before Mexico. I love it though. I have always loved the Christmas rush and the hussel and bussel of a busy city in December. As for the old cranks who didn't learn enough from their mothers about which fingers are inappropriate to flash at the rest of us when they're edgy, they're missing out. Believe me, an angry shopper is an unecessary setback for those of us who are out and about, Starbucks gingerbread latte in hand, humming an old carol, and looking to have a good time. Yes, it's busy and yes there are lots of people - more than the norm - and yet, let's all chill and enjoy all of the little hints of magic that surround us throughout this season we all claim to love so much. That's what I'm doing and I've felt so in love with this time of year, once again.

This is Warren and my first Christmas together in our own place. It's been really special. We got ourselves a real tree - just a little guy that smells so wonderful each time we come into the room - and we decorated it with MJ and Brookie a week or two ago. It was a hoot. Of course, the lower half of the tree looked pretty flashy (and loaded) while the rest of it was pretty bear. Ah well, kids are good for laughs and making memories with. Kayla was so particular about her placement of ornaments, while Brookie just sat on the floor, grunting, clapping and eating all of our Christmas cookies. Everyone was happy.

To me, Christmas is 100% about family and spending time together. It doesn't even matter so much what we're doing anymore, as I get older, I seem to hang on to the memories and the anticipation of being together more than ever. I gotta tell ya, knowing that in just over a week, we'll be squishing the white sands of Mexico between our toes from beach chairs, drink in hand, makes me very happy.

Songs I'm really into these days:

How to Save a Life - The Fray
Chasing Cars - Snow Patrol
More Than Words - Extreme
Crash - Dave Matthews Band
River - Sarah McLachlan
Wintersong - Sarah McLachlan

Jon, don't slack on the Christmas chain, you silly nugget. Keep the tradition alive.

Nine days and counting...*

2 comments:

Rach said...

Hey Cyndy,
I just wanted to let you know that reading your blog is a real encouragement to me. You are always so positive and happy about life, whatever it may throw you. You know how to look on the bright side of things. It's so easy to get grumpy and overwhelmed by the crazy busyness of life, especially at this time of year, even though I love Christmas and everything about it. Anyway, thanks for the positive outlook. Keep it up! p.s. It's great to hear your in Saskatoon!!
Rachelle

Cheri said...

Hey Cyn: I am with you on the loving Christmas and family thing!! This year will be different us being out of province and all. But it will be awesome!! I am soooo looking forward to going home for Christmas. Grant has a whole week off where we're going to have a blast with both sides of families. And then we're going to spend New Years with your sister which I am totally pumped about!!! Anyway, just wanted to say Hi and I hope you guys have a blast in Mexico!! And have a Very Merry Christmas!!!