Friday, February 09, 2007

A Sad Sort of Day

Today I'm really missing two very special people in my life - my two best friends from home, Lish and Genelle - we've been together since
our diaper days.

I'm finding it really tough to faithfully keep in touch and make regular phone calls, emails, etc. since moving out here. I really hate it. I hate being so far apart and having to rely on these things to stay up-to-date and close with these girls. It's so frustrating, especially when all I want is to be with them - spend an evening vegging in our sweats over a bowl of popcorn and share what's been on our hearts with each other. There's nothing quite like a childhood friend - they are the ones who truly know you and have been a part of your history, the very thing that makes you who you are. I guess today, I especially wanted to say how much I love you, Genelle and Lish and to know that even though we're not always great at regular phonecalls, etc, I cherrish you and miss you with my whole heart. You guys are extremely special to me.....I can't wait to see you again, whenever that may be.*

1 comment:

Trev and Rebekah said...

It's tough moving and having to make new friends when you move. It took me over a year to really feel like I had some solid friends here in Rosenort. There were many days I longed to hang out with my Stoon friends. But God has been faithful in providing friends. I hope you can find some there in Saskatoon.