Thursday, March 08, 2007

The Thaw

Let me just say that I am one happy girl with the way things are shaping up outside. Um hmm. I look out the window and guess what I see? Water. Lots and lots of water. The snow has begun its melt and where I normally would find it in me to gripe about the soupiness and mud surrounding our poor little house, I am bound and determined to smile about it. This year, my attitude will be different. That's right.

I've been at my wits' end this past month at the ridiculous amount of snow and the freezing temps that continue to hit us hard out here in the prairies. Swear words. Actual, full on swear words have graced my thoughts many days. Mostly because I'm beyond tired of my long walk up to the clubhouse from staff parking at work where I basically feel like my face is gonna break off each morning. And even if I wanted to cry, I couldn't because my tears would freeze and we all know that would be a disaster.

BUT, finally, I think I'm seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. Bring on the mud! Bring on the floods! It's all part of the process to what I would consider a very happy ending. Warren and I have wondered if we should invest in a canoe so I can paddle my way to work. Hee hee. Ah well, I am ready for some warmth and sunshine. I can hardly wait for spring. It's killing me.*

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

I must say I don't miss the LOOOONG Saskatchewan winters!! And I am definitely ready for spring too :) We had one INCREDIBLY warm day this week (+ 18 actually) but then its been rainy the last few days...bring on the sunshine!
Good luck with your canoe trip to work :) Hope you guys have a great weekend!

Bonnie said...

Where oh where has Cyndy gone? Oh where oh where can she be? :)
Miss ya Cyndy...hope you come back to the blogging world soon!