Monday, March 26, 2007

The Willows

A door has been opened. I've been given a sweet opportunity to be something big. The nerves are there. The butterflies are doing their thing. But the giddyness has overtaken them both. Let me explain.

I work at The Willows Golf & Country Club in Saskatoon, one of the swankiest places to golf or hold a function in the city. I love it. Seriously. Out of any job I've ever had, I really feel that this is it. I've found my niche. It's a really neat place. It's luxurious, it's very people-oriented, everyone I work with is fantastic, and let's be honest, it's just plain pretty. (both of the pics on this post are of The Willows - the first being the clubhouse I work in and the second being part of the golf course) I started last September and have been working in the office, doing reception,
invoicing, (you name it) ever since. Life's been good. Another perk is the fact that Warren and I live in Stonebridge, which is literally 3 minutes away from this place. Love it.
So anyway, I was recently offered a very different, higher-up position. And.......I took it. You are now reading the blog of the new Events Coordinator at the Willows. Eeeeekkkk!!! I know. I'm freaking out. So what this means is a few things. Any and all functions, events, weddings, meetings, banquets, and parties go through me. I'm the one who sits down with the bride-to-be and her mom and goes through all of the possibilities, the planning and the ideas for her big day. I'm the one who meets with the president of a big corporation to plan out his big annual meeting to be held at our clubhouse. I'm the one who coordinates and juggles 5 different events within one day. Once again, Eeeeekkkk!!! Last week was my first week and I gotta say, it's a big learning curve. I was so tired after each day. But you know what? I'm diggin' it. I'm ready for the challenge. I'm able to really be creative in this new position too, which is a very good thing. This is gonna be great and I feel very lucky and blessed. I'm waitin' on summer and a new golf season to start. Hope they're ready for me.*

10 comments:

Cheri said...

Congratulations, Cyndy!!!! You will do VERY well at this job!! It is totally up your alley and they definitely picked the right girl for the job!! Have fun and enjoy it!!

Andrea said...

Congratulations on the new job Cyndy! It sounds fabulous!

Kristina said...

Awesome! Congratulations on the promotion! Sounds like something that would be great to do and it will entice you two to stay in S'toon for a while! Maybe I'll have to coordinate a staff event there....hmmm

Bonnie said...

WONDERFUL, WONDERFUL, WONDERFUL!!! Congrats Cyndy! I know you're going to do a fabulous job of it and it sounds like tons of fun....be sure to keep us posted on how its going :)

Toni said...

Hey Cynth! Sweet job! Sounds exciting and perfect for you! I'm very happy for you. Keep us posted on how it's going. I'll know you'll do fantastic. And, I'll need your mailing address soon so I can send you a wedding invitation soon for you and Warren!

Happy Day!

Bonnie said...

Just wanted to stop by and say HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!! I just read Lexi's blog and heard that it was your birthday yesterday...hope it was an awesome day!!

Jarvis and Rhea said...

congrats cyn. You'll be awesome at this job.

Jarvis and Rhea said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jupo said...

hey, way to go! that's great! and i'm glad that you get to use your creativity - don't ever lose that, girl!

Trev and Rebekah said...

Congrats on the new job. You are such an organized woman that I know you will do great at the job.