Monday, April 16, 2007

"...and I think to myself, what a wonderful world."


Couldn't have asked for a nicer weekend. The temp reached a high of 21 degrees on Saturday!! Seriously. I hope this means spring has sprung, but you never know out here. I'm usually an optimist, but this winter hit us hard. I ache for warmth. You'd never know it from the dullness in the pics, but things really are feeling different. Now we just need to get that grass greened up and the trees budding. Oooohhhh I love spring!

Saturday night, Warren and I had a picnic down by the river. That was really fun. There were so many people out and about on all of the trails. Whoa. As soon as the good weather hits this city, people take it seriously. There's no time to laze around. After our supper, we took a long walk on the trails and just enjoyed laughing and talking and being silly. It was great. Our evening ended with a trip to the 'walk-up' Dairy Queen on 8th Street, which is actually open already. That is definitely a sign of a season's change in Saskatoon.
It always takes a little extra work to make it through a Monday at work....but knowing that the warmth will greet me as I open the front doors of the clubhouse and head out towards my car at the end of the day puts that smile back on my face.*

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

YAY for spring in S'toon! Glad to hear you guys are finally feeling the heat a bit :) I know what you mean about the weather bringing the masses.... its seems like the population of Chilliwack DOUBLES when the sun comes out. Suddenly people are everywhere! Its nice though, hey!? Enjoy it!
By the way, very cute pictures!! You're a good looking couple :)

Lexi said...

That is the cutest picture of you two! I am so jealous. Ontario is FREEZING!

Bonnie said...

Just missin' ya in the blogging world.
Hope to see a new post someday soon :) Have a great weekend Cyndy!