Sunday, July 29, 2007

All of a Sudden

We hit a deer last night. BAM! Just like that, our car was wrecked, our hearts were pounding and we were once again reminded of how fast and how unexpectedly life can change. Man. The situation could have looked a whole lot different.

After we called the cops to come put down the deer and continued on our way home, I was shaking like a leaf in my passenger seat, tears in my eyes. As I looked out the window and watched the scenery change as we drove on, I praised God for second chances, for wake up calls and for His great love. I looked up at Warren beside me and my heart felt full. I am blessed. I have love. That's all I need.

After such an emotionally draining week, I felt a renewed determination to live my life with more purpose. To have more intention in everything I do. We had no warning of hitting that deer, and in the same way, we have no warning of what tomorrow will bring in our own personal
fate.

It's time to shine.*

5 comments:

Cordella said...

Hey Cyndy, your revelations are matching my own revelations. I just wanted to thank you for the post and verbalizing it.

Bonnie said...

So true Cyndy. Thanks for this post. And also for your encouraging comment on my blog. You're pretty special, even if we don't see each other in person. You mean a lot to me and I'll do my best to post again soon. I just haven't had the "oomf" to do it after everything that's happened.
Miss you too!

Michelle said...

Holy smokes Cyndy! Thank God you guys are alright!

Rypo said...

i've never hit a deer before. but our transmission died in Neepasomethingstupid, Manitoba, during a road trip. Grey Hounding it back to Winnipeg sans car wasn't pleasant. Oh the crazy situations He can get us through.

Trev and Rebekah said...

I am glad you are safe too. I'm sure a lot went through your mind after Nate's accident.