Friday, August 17, 2007

I'm A-Comin'

Friday afternoon. 12:02pm. I find myself ancy with anticipation for another summer weekend. Wouldn't you know it, my favorite season is wrapping up. Blech. I don't know about you guys but to me, the air feels 'fallish' already, especially in the mornings, as I walk up to the clubhouse. The evenings are getting shorter too. Sad. Bummer. I dread what's coming. But you know what? It's been good. Summer kicks. Love it. I can't tell you how many ice cream cones I've downed within these past few months. Too many to count. Well worth it.

So, though I'm sad to see my summer fade, I'm bursting at the seams with excitement for what's to come. This year for me, end of summer means I get to go home to see my little bro get hitched. September 1st, 2007, marks the very anticipated wedding of Jon & Karen. Something I've looked forward to for months now. And yes, it'll be a party. No doubt about it.

That being said, I get to spend the week before at home, in Leamington, with the whole fam. Mom & Dad, Dave & Mel and the chicklets, Steve & Vicki and Jon & Kar. Oh, and Kodak. Knowing this puts a smirk on my face and my heart beats a little faster. Ahhh! So excited, so excited.

I have no idea how I'll make it through this last week of work before my holidays...*

5 comments:

Bonnie said...

I'm SO excited for you Cyndy! I can just feel the anticipation you're experiencing :) Its hard being so far away from the people you love dearly... what a treat to see them all at once! Praying for safe travels and an awesome time with family for you and Warren. Enjoy every minute of it! Hope this week flies by for you!!

Lexi said...

Have so much fun!!! Wish I could see you in Ontario. Maybe another time. Wow. All the Bartels are married. Your parents with be empty nesters! Be safe..

Cheri said...

Hey Cyndy: I hope you have a great time in ON! I look forward to catching up with Mel when she gets back. I do have one little request of you...could you take my last name off your blog links, just for security reasons. I'd really appreciate it. You could leave it as Cheri A. if you want though...Thanks

Michelle said...

You should come down to Nevada....summer never ends here!! I shouldn't say that, we do get winter and a really nice fall, our summer just lasts a little longer! Have fun heading back home. I love weddings and big family get-togethers!

Trev and Rebekah said...

Enjoy your holidays. It's great seeing a sibling get married. I just got back from my sister's wedding.