Monday, December 31, 2007

Looking Back at a Good Time Indeed

Christmas is, as we know it, wrapping up for another season. Was it a good one? Yup. It was just what I needed. I sit here, on New Year's Eve (day) and can look back at what I would say was a refreshing and fun time of blessing with our family - both the Toews' and the Bartel's. I always say it, but what might seem to some as an obsession with my family, only continues to grow each time I make the trek home to spend time with them. Maybe it's because I don't have the luxury of hopping into my car to see them whenever I want. Well, regardless, I am in love with this little grouping of people that God has blessed me with. They are my everything.

The Toews Brothers - Devin, Warren & Brad - Bundled up for an afternoon of chores.

Devin & Laura - Opening gifts.

Brad & Angel

Brookie & Daddy - We got together with Dave & Mel and the munchkins to celebrate Christmas, as well as Dave's birthday, a few days before we flew home. They didn't come home with us this year because they went out to B.C. to be with Dave's family. They were definitely missed by everyone. It was great... just not the same.

Mikayla & Uncle Warren - dirty faces.

Baby Josh - his first Christmas!

Yummy crepes on Christmas morning - a Bartel family tradition.
Dad is the official crepe maker. So good.

"The Blob" - A homemade Christmas tree ornament Jon made when he was little. I think it's actually supposed to be Rudolph. Everyone knows about The Blob and everyone specifically looks for The Blob when we first see the tree each year. So here it is, in all its glory.
Ah, traditions.

Mom & Dad

All of the boys got "Planet Earth" - an amazing nature documentry DVD. (You should see it!) It was kind of funny how it all happend, though. We had originally bought it, among other stuff, for my parents. When they opened it, they acted super pumped and were asking all sorts of questions about it. Then, my mom promptly stated that she had a great gift for the guys to all open. So, when they all tore apart the wrapping paper, each guy got the exact same DVD. It was pretty funny. Maybe one of those "you kinda had to be there" moments, but hilarious nonetheless.

For Christmas, my parents gave us a trip to Disneyworld!!! All of us. Yeow! They always said that once Jon & Karen got married,, we'd all go. Welp, Jon & Kar tied the knot in September, so here we go! So exciting, so exciting! The Bartel family kinda has a thing with Disney. We've gone there several times before and it's kind of our thing. So, in February, Mom & Dad, Dave & Mel and the kids, Warren & I, Steve & Vicki and Jon & Kar are headed to Orlando Florida to stay in Disney for a week!!! Can't wait.

Jon & Kar

And so, I'm sad to see the Christmas season go, but I am looking ahead to a whole spankin' new year. A clean slate. A fresh page. What will it look like? What will take place? And I'm thankful for its freshness. Cheers to the wonder of new opportunities, the excitement of new challenges and the beauty of God's love. Happy New Year.*


3 comments:

Bonnie said...

Sounds like it was a fabulous Christmas for you guys! Glad to hear it!! And your pictures are beautiful proof of all of it :) Blessings for this New Year Cyndy.... and have a BLAST in DisneyWorld! I'm just a tad bit jealous ;)

Mel said...

Your blog is beautiful, Cyn. I always enjoy reading it and looking at the pictures. The way you word things warms my heart and brings a smile to my face. Love you little sis....

Trev and Rebekah said...

I love the pictures of you two. You're one hot couple!
Wow, Disney. That'll be a fun trip!